Sunday, March 9, 2008

Poetry

Out of all the poems that we were supposed to read for Friday’s class, I was particularly drawn to the two by Jack Prelutsky. I have never heard or read any of his poems before. Prelutsky’s The Spaghetti Nut was absolutely fun to read. I really enjoyed the tongue twisters and the puns in The Spaghetti Nut. In Prelutsky’s other poem, Homework! Oh, Homework! I appreciated this one just as much if not more. I enjoyed the rhyme scheme of this work which the second stanza happened to be A, B, C, B, D, E, F, and E. Not only did I read the poems that were assigned in class, but I also went through the book and I came across a few that I already knew; for example, Joyce Kilmer’s Trees, Emily Dickinson’s I’m nobody! Who are you?, and of course Shel Silverstein’s Sick.

No comments: