Sunday, March 9, 2008

Poetry Continued

Whenever I was in seventh grade we did a great deal on poetry in my English class. I was not too fond of poetry back then and I never really have been. I guess now that I am getting older and now that I am taking this class I am really starting to appreciate literature. Poetry and I (along with literature in general) are now friends. But anyways back to seventh grade poetry, My English teacher made the whole class memorize various poems like Joyce Kilmer’s Trees, Emily Dickinson’s I’m nobody! Who are you?, and many more. I did not really enjoy it then but now when I was reading them I loved how I could quote them. It makes me think about how you said in Alice in Wonderland, Carroll used many things that the girls would have known but we have lost. So after reading those poems, I was like “oh I remember this” and so on. So I get how it was for the girls to read the book.

No comments: