Sunday, April 13, 2008

Children's Books and their Illustrations

In Children’s books the illustrations are so very important. I never really thought about the illustration as the most important part of the story but they truly are. Once I started to read the chapters from the Literature for Children book, I started to realize how important the pictures are. Thinking back, when I was younger I loved the pictures in all of the books I read. Sometimes, I would not even want to read the book I only wanted to look at the beautiful pictures. It gave me visualization for what the story was about. One thing that I wish I would have paid attention to when I was younger was the colors that were being used in the pictures. The illustrator uses bright colors and dark colors to show mood. Furthermore, the books states that red and yellows are warm colors that show excitement and blue and greens are cool colors that are used to represent calmness or quietness.

No comments: